Frequently Asked Questions, lots of them!
Caricature? What is it?Caricature is a pictorial representation in which the subject's distinctive features or peculiarities are deliberately exaggerated or distorted to produce a comic or grotesque effect. (The Houghton Mifflin Dictionary) For more info visit the Caricature and Cartoon Art page.
What can I do with a caricature?Beside making perfect framable gifts they can be used for t-shirts, web sites, mouse pads, mugs, pillow cases, business cards, wedding invitations etc. They can be airbrushed on a bath tub or tattooed on a body. One client asked me to carve the caricature in a piece of wood. One made a stamp out of it. There are no limits. You can add loads of laughter to your events and parties by hiring a caricature artist. Your guests will leave with a hardcopy memory of the night.
How many caricatures can you draw in an hour at a live event?12 to 14 face and upper bodies (black & white)
16 to 20 face only (black & white)
18 to 22 profiles (black and whites)
I want to get a caricature done from photo(s). Can you do that?Yes! Easy.
- Write an email outlining the theme, elements and other specs about how you like to have the caricature drawn.
- Attach the photos of the person(s) to this email. High resolution photos please. We need to see the eyelids.
- Add your contact info such as phone and alternate email address in the body of the email
- Send this email to email@example.com
- The artist will get in touch with you and start the draft
- The artist will send you the draft along with the payment link. Full payment is due at the time of receiving the draft.
- You reply to the email with your feedback and list of changes. We redraw and send it to you. We repeat this until you are happy with the result.
- The artwork is inked, painted and if desired digitized. It will be sent to you right away or arranged for pick up.
Do you travel?Yes we do. We also offer our on-site services anywhere in Canada, US, Europe and Australia. When you book a caricaturist, a local artist will work with you. Our collective of caricature artists work around the globe. Illustration projects can come from anywhere in the world. We regularly produce quality illustration work for clients in Dubai, Korea, Brazil and Japan to name a few.
What sort of art supplies do you use?Our caricature illustration art is done on acid-free papers and boards which will ensure the artwork will stay the way you receive it for years to come. We try our best to use environmentally friendly products that contain little or no harmful chemicals and require minimum packaging. We use Winsor & Newton, Prismacolor, Talens, Fabriano, Robert Bateman Papers and Van Gogh paints.
How many people read faqs before asking questions?About 7% !
which means your'e quite special :O)
Live Caricatures . Live Party Caricatures . Toronto Digital Caricatures. Custom Caricatures . Cartoon Illustration . Caricatures from Photos . Privacy . Digital Caricatures . Corporate Caricatures . Group Caricatures . Toronto Caricatures . Calgary Caricatures . Edmonton Caricatures . Vancouver Caricatures. Winnipeg Caricatures . Caricatures in Canada